Monday, October 14, 2013

jQuery is MAGIC


I clocked in roughly 70+ hours last week at the Dojo, talk about exhilarating! I decided to take Sunday off and recharge with a stroll through my neighborhood and much needed sleep. When you are wired in all day you sometimes loose track of time and the day can quickly go by. My advice for any future students planning on attending the Coding Dojo; take off at least one day during the week to rest your body and mind, it's quite therapeutic to unplug from technology for a day and just focus on yourself. We started jQuery today, which is an open source cross-browser that has a JavaScript library. In simpler terms, it makes web pages more dynamic and interactive, comparable to flash-like animations. I could not believe how much fun I had messing around with it all day. I'll definitely be using this language to design my personal web page. Moreover, when working on the given assignment I was having difficulty figuring out how to get the .slideToggle() function to work, been scratching my head all night trying to figure out how to get it working! I will post the command in my blog; any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment